As an added benefit, you are allowed to apply for the Collegiate Scholarship if you are a Leaders Credit Union member.
JACKSON, Tenn. (January 23, 2023) – Leaders Education Foundation, a non-profit 501c(3) will award $25,000 to graduating high school seniors. The Leaders Education Foundation Collegiate Scholarship Program will award scholarships of various amounts and requirements to high school seniors attending an accredited college or university.
“We are proud to support area students by promoting lifelong learning,” said Leigh Anne Bentley, President of Leaders Education Foundation. “We believe in making lives better through educational opportunities and helping students on their path to reach their potential.”
Scholarship applicants must be a graduating senior in a West Tennessee high school. The student, parent and/or a grandparent must be a member of Leaders Education Foundation or a member in good standing of Leaders Credit Union. Applicants must be accepted or enrolled in an accredited four-year bachelor’s degree program at a college or university in the United States. For more information about Leaders Education Foundation membership, please visit leadersgives.org. Leaders Education Foundation and Leaders Credit Union directors, officers, and employees are not eligible for this Program.
The scholarship offerings will be awarded based on financial need, community service, or academic achievement. All scholarships awarded are given on a one-time basis.
- Financial Wellness Video Scholarship (2): Two scholarships are available for students who provide a video submission providing tips or suggestions on “How to be Financially Fit.” Students must submit a video link with their application. Submissions will be posted on Leaders Education Foundation’s Facebook page (@leadersgives) and the number of likes and shares gained by each submission will be factored into the scholarship scorecard. The number of likes and shares does not directly determine the winner. First place- $2,500, runner up- $2,000.
- Leaders Credit Union- Martha Britt Scholarship (2): These two scholarships will be awarded based on the applicant’s financial needs. As a Founding Corporate Charter Sponsor of Leaders Education Foundation, the scholarships are awarded on behalf of Leaders Credit Union which requested the scholarships be given in honor and memory of Martha Britt, a West Tenn. champion for education and educator in the Jackson-Madison County School System for over 30 years. First place- $2,500, runner up- $2,000
- Town & Country REALTORS® Scholarship (1) - $1,000: This scholarship will be awarded based on the applicant’s community service. As a Sustaining Corporate Charter Sponsor of Leaders Education Foundation, a scholarship to a deserving student in West Tennessee is awarded in honor of Town & Country REALTORS®.
- Ellis Insurance Agency Scholarship (1) - $1,000: This scholarship will be awarded based on the applicant’s academic achievement. As a Sustaining Corporate Charter Sponsor of Leaders Education Foundation, a scholarship to a deserving student in West Tennessee is awarded in honor of Ellis Insurance Agency.
- Founders Scholarship (1) - $1,000: These two scholarships honor Leaders Credit Union’s founding membership group, Jackson-Madison County Schools. This scholarship is designated for seniors graduating from a high school within the Jackson-Madison County School System.
- Community Scholarships (13) - $1,000 each: Scholarships are designated for at least one student from Obion County, TN (1); Gibson County, TN (1); Dyer County, TN (1); Shelby County, TN (1); and nine (9) additional scholarships for students from all counties in West Tennessee including Madison County, TN.
Additional scholarships may be awarded to applicants based on academic achievement, financial need or community involvement.
The scholarship money received may be used at the applicant’s discretion to help cover costs associated with education, including tuition, books, fees, and various living costs. Applications must be submitted by March 17, 2023. The application may be completed by visiting leadersgives.org/scholarships.
“These scholarships will help students as they step into their next phase of life,” said Leaders Education Foundation Board Chair, Ron Hill. “We are honored to be a part of their academic path to success.”
Scholarship details and application information can be found at leadersgives.org.
About Leaders Education Foundation
Leaders Education Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization based in Jackson, Tenn. and established in 2019. The Foundation allows community-minded citizens, members, and organizations to unite to make lives better together. It invests back in its community through scholarships, grants, and additional resources that provide educational opportunities and promote workforce development, lifelong learning, and training for students, teachers, and its community. For more information about Leaders Education Foundation or to become a member and Give Forward, please visit leadersgives.org.